Excited for a wine tasting event? Don’t forget about the rules inside the tasting room. Follow this wine tasting etiquette:
1. Avoid wearing fragrance – Strong perfumes may overshadow the aroma of wine.
2. Don’t get drunk. – This is not a party. As much as possible, stay sober.
3. Don’t boast your wine knowledge. – Nobody loves a know-all.
4. Prepare for tasting fee. – After or before you taste a wine, pay accordingly.
5. Don’t haggle – This is not a car deal. Avoid asking too much extra deals.
6. Be open minded – Drop any pre-conceived notion. Try something new. Taste the wine you haven’t tasted.
7. If you’re not into wine industry, don’t pretend – Don’t pretend just to receive discounts and special treatment. What if they found out who you really are?
8. Or if you are in the wine industry, act like one – You may be entitled with a special treatment, but if the winery is busy, understand that you may not receive special treatment. Why not do something to help fellow wine entrepreneurs?
9. Buy the wine you love – What’s the point of wine tasting if you don’t buy the wine you love?