Tired of not being able to reach your ideal audience when advertising business-to-business? LinkedIn Ad may be the way to go! Using the Linkedin advertisng targeting options cheat sheet prepared by Digital Shift you can now get your ads up and running faster than ever before. Linkedin As are considered one of the best and most direct ways to reach a B2B audience! LinkedIn ads allow you to really hone your audience of potential customers or employees and makes it extremely easy to reach the right people with your offer!
With in-depth target selections, you can literally find all the people, qualities, groups, ages, industries that really matter to your business! Combine and layer targeting options to find your ideal clients. The Linkedin Ads platform has had many updates since its early days, and now it’s much easier to use, but the real secret to winning high-value clients is knowing what options are available and what combinations to use. Being able to target correctly ensures that you will get your ad in front of people who WANT to see it.
Here are the Linked Ads targeting options best practices you should follow:
- Target your language preferences – once you select this you cannot change it later.
- Choose the locations that you wish to target – by country, state, province, city or town, target proﬁle locations, or target physical location.
- If you are looking to fill employment positions, you can target by titles, seniority or function, years of experience or expertise. You can choose demographics such as target gender or age.
- Target by industry: There are over 140 industry types that you can choose from to target the industry that best suits your ideal customer.
- Target company size, company connections, company names are also of use when trying to find your best customer or employee type.
- Target by education: Educational targeting allows you to choose target specific schools, colleges, universities or learning institutions, specific degrees, or fields of study.
- Target by interest: There are 160+ interests that you can choose from and check all that you are looking for.
- Target by LinkedIn Groups by including the group names to get your message in front of people who can benefit from your services.
Welcome to the world of advance ad targeting on Linkedin! You will be surprised at your results! To create your custom audience using Linked Ads follow the step in the Linked Ads Targeting options infographic.
Score from the experts at Killer Infographics
Visual Communication - 65%
Design - 70%
Content/Script - 50%
Usability - 60%
This infographic shows the various ways in which LinkedIn content can be targeted to a particular type of reader. It shows the different parameters that a user can choose to reach the ideal customer. This infographic has a straightforward purpose, and the content is relevant to the main subject. There are some spelling errors that distract from the information, and some sections are too long to be readable. It might make sense to remove the extensive lists of specific targeting options, and focus more on the general types of targeting available. The illustration style and color palette of this infographic are cohesive, although some icons are so small that they make little visual impact. Overall, this infographic has a consistent visual style, but it's overburdened with too much text. We'd give this a D.