How to Exercise at Home During Winter
Does winter prevent you to go outside and hit the gym? Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean you can’t exercise—there are other ways to stay active. Consider indoor exercises, which are cheaper and less hassle. To help you, here’s an infographic presented by TestX Core. It features some exercises you can try at home.
1. Jumping jacks and jump rope. Easy yet effective.
2. YouTube free workout videos. Choose a video you prefer.
3. Try planking. Though challenging, but worth the expense.
4. Dance. A great way to have fun and exercise at the same time.
5. Use water bottle weights. Perfect for arm, shoulder, and back strength training.
6. Clean the house. Isn’t it great you clean the house at the same time shed a few pounds?
Visual Communication - 60%
Design - 45%
Content/Script - 55%
Usability - 65%
This infographic offers some a list of accessible, at-home exercises. The vertical structure, labeled items, and consistent typography build a helpful layout that guides a reader through the piece. Associating one image with each activity also puts visual emphasis on the exercise described in the content. However, the extreme variation in illustration styles is rather distracting, and some illustrations could be connected even more to its associated content. On that note, the copy maintains consistency through using the exercise as the title of the list item. Some of the exercise descriptions, however, focus more on the experience rather than how to complete it. Also, some sections are quotes, though the speaker of the quotes isn't identified — this could cause the reader some doubt as to anecdote credibility. Overall, there's an effective structure at hand here, but it needs a bit of fine-tuning. We'd give this an F.