Carpenter ants are a type of black ant distinct from the termite although the two are often confused for each other. Carpenter ants create colonies both indoors and outdoors and can cause serious structural damage if left untreated for long periods of time. The carpenter ant is differentiated from the termite in the following ways;
• Carpenter ant has a narrow waist while the termite has a thick waist
• Carpenter ant has bent/clubbed antennae while termite has straight antennae
• Winged carpenter ants have longer front wings than back wings while winged termites have equal length front and back wings
• Carpenter ant has longer legs than termites
• Termite wood debris is finer than carpenter ant debris
• Carpenter ants do not eat wood while termites do
Correct identification of the ant is crucial in choosing the best extermination method. Carpenter ants are extremely difficult to get rid of so hiring a professional ant exterminator Toronto for the job.
Refer to our carpenter ant infographic for more information on carpenter ant identification, lifecycle, diet and how to get rid of them as well as general information you might need in the event of a carpenter ant infestation.
Score from the experts at Killer Infographics
Visual Communication - 80%
Design - 75%
Content/Script - 85%
Usability - 80%
This infographic submission shares facts about carpenter ants and how to deal with them. The header copy and image make it very clear that this is about dealing the pest. The overall look and feel is mostly consistent, with a clearly defined color palette. The illustration concepts do a fairly good job at communicating their points, but style-wise, they're a little inconsistent. The images shift from photo-realistic to flat to line art with heavy stroke to cartoon-like design. This inconsistency makes things feel like cohesive and can be distracting. The copy is good for the most part, and is only in need of some light copyediting. Overall, we give this a B.