Creating content is not enough—you have to market it. Because no matter how great your content is, if it doesn’t reach your target audience, it’s useless. You have to spread it like a virus. Here are content marketing tips presented by SEO National:
1. Write like you’re having a conversation with a friend. Make it simple and easy to understand.
2. Rather than focusing on creating great content, focus on making a content that your audience will value.
3. Guest blog on renowned websites.
4. Say the truth—nobody likes a fraud.
5. Produce content consistently. Be intentional.
6. Take advantage of social media platforms. Build credibility and share your content via social media sites.
Score from the experts at Killer Infographics
Visual Communication - 20%
Design - 60%
Content/Script - 60%
Usability - 55%
This infographic by SEO National provides 25 content marketing tips as well as a list of sources. The tips vary from high-level, abstract conditions to specific, actionable items. While this range might be desirable for such a set of ideas, they don't seem to be structured in any specific movement, so there doesn't seem to be an overall narrative to the movement of the list. On that note, while each item has a different color, the only visuals in the piece are 5 photographs that don't specifically access the tip listed next to it. With this significant absence of visuals, a reader would really need to spend time with the piece in order to have a sense of its goals and content. It needs a bit more balance between visuals and copy to embrace the infographic genre, so we'd give this an F.