As a car owner, you need to know when your vehicle needs new tires for your safety and good driving performance. Here are some signs you need to change tires.
1. Tread wear bars. Always check the tread wear bars of your tires. Those are the bands of hard rubber you see when the tread depth has gone beyond the limit for safe driving. Make sure not to go beyond the depth of 1.6mm.
2. Uneven wear patterns. The uneven wear patterns on your tires is an indication that there is something wrong with your tires.
3. Bulge and blisters. Tires need to be replaced when there’s a bulge or blisters on the sidewall. If taken for granted, this will result to flat tires and must be replaced immediately.
4. Lacerations. When there are lacerations on the tires, it must be replaced because this can be dangerous while driving.
5. Sidewall or tread punctures. When your tires have punctures larger than 0.64cm or tires worn down below 1.6mm you need to replace them.