If you’re not losing weight in spite of your hard work, then maybe something is wrong with what you are doing. There might be something that prevents you from losing weight or you’re following a wrong practice.
Here are the different reasons why you’re not losing weight:
1. Overcompensation. Rewarding yourself after an intense workout might be the reason why you don’t lose weight. Sometimes we overestimate the calories we burn through exercise. When compensating yourself, you may be taking in more calories than you actually burn on working out leading to weight gain.
2. Not enough sleep. Do not deprive yourself of a good sleep because it will minimize the benefits of your workout and instead increases your weight. It will also affect your performance and endurance, will slow down metabolism and increases stress levels.
3. Drinking sugary drinks. The amount of calories you get from sugary drink every day will pile up the pounds. Remember that every calorie you get from drinking fruit juices, smoothies, soft drinks and other hot drinks counts.
4. Eating large portions. If you don’t lose weight even though you’re eating low-fat and healthy foods then maybe you have to look into the portions you eat. When eating healthy foods always do it in moderation to avoid gaining weight.
5. Eating too little. Our body has a natural tendency to protect itself when we deprive it of food. It will automatically hoard fat and calories making it harder to lose weight.