For people who can’t afford to work out because of a busy schedule, then walking will be good. A regular walk every day has the following benefits:
1. Slows down aging. Sanjay Sharma, a professor of inherited cardiac diseases in sports cardiology at St. George University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in London, said that we may never avoid becoming completely old but at least we may delay the time we become old because of walking.
2. Reduce the risk of heart diseases. Studies show that walking 2 miles a day will reduce the risk of severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by almost half. Another study also shows that walking will reduce the risk of stroke to men over the age of 60.
3. Get some sun exposure. Walking outdoors actually, helps you get sun exposure. Aside from that, it helps you burn calories.
4. Benefits of barefoot walking. Walking barefoot is also known as grounding. It will help your body get free electrons from the Earth through the soles of your feet.
5. Strengthens your heart. Walking lowers levels of LDL or the bad cholesterol while increasing HD or the good cholesterol. A brisk 30-minute walk will help control high blood pressure that causes strokes.