If you’re confused what type of shed would suit your needs, here’s an infographic presented by DIY-Plans. It shows the different types of shed plans and their qualities.
1. The Gable Shed – Classic, economical, and easy to build. It allows more ventilation and space—for attic or vaulted ceilings.
2. Lean To Shed – Perfect for storing firewood or BBQ grills. You can attach it to a structure to save labor and material cost. Or you can construct it without any structure to lean. That depends on you.
3. Garden Shed – Design for storing garden equipment or plants. If not, you can transform it into something useful like a lounge. Why not?
4. Barn Shed – Perfect for storing farm tools. Its roof design allows you to add either a loft or an attic. Most barn sheds are usually large.
5. Saltbox Shed – Its asymmetrical design allows water to run off easily. It’s known for its durability.
6. Modern Shed – It can be a home office, lounge, spare bedroom, entertainment pub, or just a storage area. Stylish and sometimes very relaxing.