The Fatty Truth About Fast Food in the United States
Add this Infographic to Your Website:
Simply copy the code below and paste it into the HTML of your blog, website, or Static FBML box on Facebook
This is the latest infographic by the people over at Infographics World, who specialize in Infographic design and promotions. This specific Infographic was created for Infographics World themselves, rather than a client, and showcases some hard hitting facts behind fast food. While there have been a variety of fast food infographics in the past, the data behind calories and obesity rates never cease to amaze. Some of the facts from this infographic include:
- There are over 300,000 fast food establishments in the US
- The industry feeds 25% of the nation on a daily basis
- The industry generated $178billion in sales in 2009 alone
- Jack in the Box is paving the way when it comes to average calories per meal, with 1400 calories on average
- Wendy’s averages 19g of fat per meal, which is the highest average when compared to other fast food restaurants
- Childhood intake of fast food has increased 500% since 1980
- Childhood obesity rates have increased 219% since 1980
The design of this infographic includes some fun elements from the fast food industry, with the title looking like a McDonalds sign and the coffin at the bottom mirroring a chicken nugget box. I do wish they would have included sources though, which many infographics tend to miss by the time they get to the end.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- Articles About Infographics
- Culture & Politics
- Video Games