Have the white ants declared war on your property?
Beware! Your biggest asset is at risk!
Termites are Australia’s one of the most destructive pests, affecting buildings at an alarming rate. They can make even the sturdiest of constructions fall like a house of cards.
So, if your property is drastically infested by termites, here is some valuable information for you.
Interesting Termite Facts
- Termites have been on Earth for over 250 million years
- They inhabit tropical and sun-tropical regions
- There are over 350 species of termites in Australia
- Termites will eat the timbers of your home and furnishings.
- They breed incessantly and spread fast around a structure, causing deep rooted damages
- Termites consume decaying and live wood, and can cause severe damage to buildings in just a short span of time
- A termite queen can lay an egg in every 15 seconds
- Termites eat 24 hours a day; a mound of Formosan termite is capable to eat 1,000 pounds of wood every year
Termites cannot be eradicated or controlled with do-it-yourself techniques. If you diagnose warning signs of termite infestation, you must contact a licensed pest professional to understand the extent of damage and get recommendation for an effective course of termite treatment.
Want to get rid of termites? Protech Pest Control offers complete termite inspection and control solutions in Melbourne.