Build Your Shed into the Perfect Workshop
Transforming a backyard shed into a workshop can be disappointing if you don’t have any experience. Is it expensive? What materials to use? How to make it sturdy and efficient? Here are some tips to help you turn your shed into a perfect workshop:
1. Build a manageable work surface.
2. Rather than painting the work surface, stain to make it last longer.
3. Create a proper storage for all your tools.
4. To avoid accidents, smooth out the work floors.
5. Add accessories like artworks, flower boxes, and a skylight.
6. Accessible lighting and power.
7. Consider rolling work shelves.
8. Keep the shed clean; use handy cleaning supplies.
9. Save some spaces for new projects.
10. Set a corner for relaxing.
Visual Communication - 60%
Design - 50%
Content/Script - 55%
Usability - 60%
This infographic offers tips on how to make your shed an effective workshop space. The numbered, sectioned items provide clear organization to guide the reader, and including copy and illustration for each tip helps maintain balance. However, at times the copy is a bit contradictory, and the images don't always relate to the text at hand. The varied illustration styles are a bit jarring, and they create some confusion about the tone and intended audience. This piece has the structure of an effective infographic, but increased consistency throughout would help increase the impact. We'd give this an F.